<< Table of Contents
Devices & Connectivity
- Read With Me is a web-based app, all you need is a device (desktop, laptop, iPad, iPhone, Android tablet, or Android phone) and an internet connection.
- Read With Me works with Internet browsers like Safari, Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
- If you have a smartphone or tablet, we recommend you sign in to a network with Wifi connection.
- If you're not the administrator of your device, see your network administrator for passwords (network security keys) to secure wireless networks prior to connecting to a network unfamiliar to your device.
- If your device is connecting to a network for the first time, you can look it up on a device that is already connected to that network. For secure networks you will need a network security key.
- Here's how to find the network security key on another desktop or laptop computer that is already connected.
- Open Finder in latest MAC OS
- Click on Applications
- Click on Utilities folder
- Click on Keychain Access
- Type in Network name in the search box on top right
- Find the Network you're trying to connect to
- Click on Show Password
- If it doesn't show and prompts for an administrator password, you need to be the computer administrator
- Using Windows 7, click on Start Menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Click on Network and Sharing Center
- Click on Wireless Network Connections
- Click on Wireless Properties
- Click on Security tab
- Click on Show Characters
- You should see the characters of the password or key